Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dinner for Four for $2.00

I just served my family a yummy dinner for an estimated $2.00 total for the entire dinner for a family of four! That certainly made every bite taste even better! We had Spaghetti with Meatballs and Garlic Bread. Here's the breakdown:

1/2 bag Schwan's Italian Style Meatballs - Free (promotion details here)
Classico Pasta Sauce - approx. $1.25 (from Tom Thumb Living Well promo)
Dreamfield's Penne Pasta - approx. $0.41 (from Tom Thumb Living Well promo)
2 Archer Farms Artisan Mini Baguettes - Free (used Target coupon from HotCouponWorld)
4 Tbsp Butter
Garlic Powder to taste
Dried Basil to taste

The sauce and pasta cost me a total of $1.66 and I'm not going to figure out the cost of the butter, garlic and basil (which would be minimal) so I'm just rounding up to $2.00 total.

I sliced the baguettes, mixed some garlic and basil with the butter, slathered it on and popped them in the oven for 5-10 minutes for some yummy garlic bread! Meanwhile, I boiled some pasta and let the sauce and meatballs simmer in a pot on the stove. Turned out to be a really cheap, really simple dinner!

Note: While the Schwan's and Target deals are still active, the Tom Thumb Living Well promo has long since expired. I just wanted to post this as an example to all of you of why it pays to stock up when you find a great deal! If I hadn't had the extra pasta and sauce in my pantry, this meal would have easily cost me double!

No comments:

Post a Comment