Monday, September 28, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - Sept 28th



Last week had it's ups and downs. There were some good recipes and some not so good recipes and some necessary tweaks to our menu plan. Sunday and Monday went off without a hitch! And I'm proud to say my family was very receptive to the new "Meatless Monday" tradition! On Tuesday, I was preparing to make the Ricotta & Ham Stuffed Chicken Breasts when I realized my ricotta was not fit for human consumption! So we just grilled the chicken breasts with a little BBQ sauce instead. On Thursday, I just did not feel like eating fish, so I made Bruschetta Chicken Bake instead. It's an easy dish that is one of our family's favorites, so it was a breeze to change things up for that night.

Now on to this week's menu:

Sunday - Rosemary Grilled Steak with Tomato Jam, Loaded Potato Skins, Baked Beans and Biscuits

Meatless Monday - Blueberry Pancakes, Scrambled Eggs

Tuesday - Mexican Chicken-and-Rice Casserole, Cornbread Muffins

Wednesday - Grilled Pepper, Onion & Sausage Calzones, Salad

Thursday - Tilapia Piccata, Rice-a-Roni, Broccoli, Honey Wheat Bread

Friday - Salisbury Steak (frozen meal), Mashed Potatoes (using potato reserved from Monday), Fried Zucchini, Biscuits

Saturday - We have a party to attend, so no cooking for me!

For more menu planning resources, head on over to Menu Plan Monday at Orgjunkie.com. Have a great week!

1 comment: