Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Fun

Easter was pretty laid back for us this year. My mom had to work so my parents stayed home but my grandmother did come over to spend the day with us. I got up early and put a big pork roast in the crockpot with some BBQ sauce to make BBQ Pulled Pork. Then I boiled the eggs for the Easter eggs. I let the girls have free rein of dying the eggs. I also had some plastic eggs I had filled with candy last night.

We hid the eggs in the front yard and the girls had fun finding them all. Jessica's getting a bit old for that stuff and wasn't near as enthusiastic about it as Ashley was. She knew we'd pretty much divide things evenly, plus she still had her Easter basket from her dad's house, so she just kinda took it slow and let Ashley find most of them.

I made homemade Au Gratin Potatoes to go with the BBQ Pork, but sadly it didn't turn out quite as well as I had hoped. It wasn't really bad, just not really great either. I think I'll stick to the boxed version from now on. Everyone loved the pork and it was so easy to make. I pretty much just threw it in the crockpot with a couple bottles of the Kraft Honey BBQ sauce I got for 39cents a bottle at Albertson's a few weeks back and let it cook for several hours. Once it cooked long enough to start falling apart, I shredded it with forks and served it up! Yummy!

For their Easter gifts this year, I let them have their choice and both girls chose to pick out items at the store rather than get one of those big Easter baskets from Wal-Mart. Jessica got a new belt, a wrist-band and a bag from Hot Topic. Ashley headed to the Hallmark store to pick out some Webkins but she found these things called Shining Stars instead. They are similar to Webkins, stuffed animals with a code for access to an online world, but in addition you get to register and name a star with the International Star Registry. She has talked non-stop about the 2 stars in the sky that she now "owns".

Hope everyone had a Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment