Saturday, April 11, 2009

Moving: Overwhelming but Exciting!

We are now completely moved out of the house in Watauga and settling into our new house in Haslet. I'm very excited but feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the boxes right now. I know it will be great once we get everything unpacked. It's a 4 bedroom house so the girls each have their own room and I have a separate room for my office. I'm really excited about that part. And I'm just thrilled about my kitchen! It's a very open floor plan so I still feel like I'm right there with the family while I'm preparing meals. The cabinets are so much bigger and there's even more counter space! The house was built in 2006 so the appliances are fairly new and it's very well insulated and energy efficient.

Since it's so close to the end of the year, the girls are going to finish out the school year at their current schools. It's kind of a pain driving them back and forth everyday but it's a lot better for them this way. They'll start the new schools next year. Hopefully they'll meet a few of the neighborhood kids over the summer and not be completely lost at their new schools next fall.

Well, I'm off to do some more unpacking and such. I'll try to post pics of the house once we get things in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment